Contemplate, Compose, Document, Express
I have recently made the following conference presentations;
- Does time in nature improve our mental health?, Panel discussion, Conservation Optimism Summit, University of Oxford and Zoological Society of London, Dulwich College, April 2017
- Challenges of urban lifestyles to wellbeing and the value of nature to emotional health, The Making of a National Park City, Royal Festival Hall, Sept 2016
- Natural Therapy: The benefits of nature within urban lives, London College of Communication, Wild: ReNaturing the City symposium, London, 10 February 2016
- Nature and Emotional Health: Using Nature as a Therapy Room, London Environmental Educators Forum, Fellowship Awards, London Zoo, 12 January 2016
- Making Greater London the World’s First National Park City, Valuing Our Natural Capital: A Health Perspective, Official Launch, City Hall, London, 17 July 2015
- Reimagining Well-being, Health and Well-Being and the New Forest National Park; Healthy Forest, Healthy People: A Joint Agenda?, Beaulieu, 28 April 2015
- Reimaging London’s Emotional Well-being, What if We Made London a National City Park?, Greater London National Park, Southbank Centre, 24 February 2015
- Emotional Leadership: Responsibilities, Risks and Competencies for Outdoor Practitioners, Institute for Outdoor Learning, National Conference, Loughborough,17-18 October 2014
- Therapy in Urban Natural Spaces; Developing Positive Relationships In and With Nature, University of Brighton, Ecotherapy Symposium, 20 June 2014
I am available to give talks on issues relating to nature and well-being from psychotherapeutic and anthropological perspectives.
I’m currently writing a book on Nature Based Psychotherapy distilling my theorisation of the practice, as a guide for psychotherapists, counsellors and allied professionals.